A few things that makes me smile on any given day:
- Spending an afternoon with a good friend and making her smile.
- Pretty toes freshly pedicured.
- Rocking a new outfit.
- Walking through a room to be stopped suddenly by my husband for a random hug and being told that I am beautiful and loved.
- A great fitting pair of jeans, a good purse and awesome boots.
- flip flops
- Coming home to find that my dog didn’t chew up anything and make a mess.
- Sunshine after too many dab and dreary days.
- A full tank of gas with the feeling “I can go anywhere”
- Closing my eyes and smelling the ocean.
- Hearing a random and sincere ‘thank you’ from my son.
- My kid’s smiles and laughter.
- My daughter’s random questions.
- Watching my daughter’s sense of humor grow and come alive. (i’m doomed)
- Listening to my kids feed off of each other with their style of humor.
- A great conversation with my sister.
- Hearing ‘I love you’
- My daughter breaking out the scale and saying “Mommy lets see what you weigh” You step on with your eyes closed, open one up and slowly look down and immediately think “Hell yeah!”
- When everything just ‘goes right’ throughout an entire day.
- Having a part in making a complete stranger smile.
- My husband.
Yesterday was an awesome day.
The sun was shining and I got to take my friend for her birthday pedicures and spend a couple of hours with her catching up. It was a great time and we have beautiful toes now. I took off next to Walmart to get some much needed household supplies. I hate that place but I have to admit it was a smooth trip for the most part, (I even had 2 employees smile and say hello! This NEVER happens) until I got to the check out and the woman in front of me had more crap in her cart than I have ever seen. It took for.ev.er. I think she bought everything in the Christmas clearance aisle. But when it was finally my turn the old check out lady was in a terrific mood and wanted to cut up with me..this never happens! 3 happy employees in Walmart on the same day…Did they give out happy drugs before they went on the clock? Both kids walked in from school with huge smiles on their faces and were in excellent moods. I had the kids go through all their video games to see if there were any they were tired of to trade in at GameStop. We had a whole bag full when all said and done. We took off to Gamestop to trade them in and get a new game. I love GameStop. I know almost all the guys that work in there and they love me. (I obviously spend way too much time in there with my kids) I dropped the games off at the counter and went to check out the games with the kids. The guy comes to tell me how much credit we have and it’s $151.00!!!! WHAT! They are running a promotion right now and you get 50% trade in. SCORE!
We are the Trade In Champions.
*We are the champions – my friends
And we’ll keep on fighting – till the end -
We are the champions -
We are the champions
No time for losers
‘Cause we are the champions – of the world -*
We walked out of there with 2 brand new games, a used game and pre ordered my son’s new Pokemon game and still have a little credit left. My son is ecstatic, needless to say. Now he has to wait till March to get it. Oh the anticipation!
My day ended with the biggest hug from my son and the most genuine thank you. I love that kid!
Today I am determined to have another wonderful day! I have a lunch date with a friend and a girls night out tonight in my hot boots! Oh yeah baby!
Let’s do this!