On this day I am thankful…
Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and I will be up and at’em bright and early cooking my goodies for the dinner at my parent’s house so I thought I would go ahead and do my thankful post today.
What I am thankful for this Thanksgiving…
- My beautiful kids. They make me smile on the gloomiest of days, make me laugh on a constant basis, can brighten up any room, and they fill my heart with love making it whole and complete. They are loving, caring, great little people and they forever will be my little buddies. I am thankful that I was blessed with two beautiful, healthy kids that will brighten many people’s lives in the years to come.
- My husband. He is one of the most genuine, caring, loving people I have had in my life. He loves me unconditionally, makes me laugh on a daily basis, has my back in any situation, is there for me when I need him, can cure my blues with one hug. He is my soul mate, he is my love, he is my world. I am thankful to have him here with me everyday. I am thankful for the man he is and father he will always be. He is the best dad to our children and the best husband a girl could ask for. Even though he worked a 12 hours day he will still come home and spend hours on the floor with the kids playing games, acting silly and goofy, making them laugh, teaching them life lessons that they will forever carry with them. He loves his kids more than life itself and he shows it everyday. He is the world’s best dad. I love him with all my heart.
- My sister. She is my best friend, my backbone, my confidant, my strength, my fashion stylist, my critic, my secret teller and holder. I am thankful everyday that I have her in my life and that mom gave me the best sister in the world. We can fight one day and love the next. We are both unique in our own ways but creepy similar in others. She is there for me when I need someone to hold my hand, to vent to, a shoulder to cry on, and when I just need a friend. She is there to share the laughter, the tears, the screams, the stories and is there when I need to just ‘be’. She is a very unique person who has her own outlook on life, she is who she is with no regrets, she is strong and creative and goes after what she wants and I admire her for that. She doesn’t cave to anyone and what they think, she is her own person. My sister is one of the strongest, independent, awesome and amazing women I know. I love you Lindz.
- My Dad and Stepmom. I am so thankful that they took the leap to move down here leaving the only life they have ever known behind to be here with us and their grandchildren. I am thankful for the parents they are to my sister and I, always being there for us and for loving us unconditionally. I am thankful for the grandparents they are to my children. They are the best, caring, loving, playful grandparents kids could ask for. They love these kids more than life itself and it is shown in the way they look at the kids, you can see the love in their eyes. I am thankful that my kids are fortunate enough to have them close now, to have two genuine people love them unconditionally, to help teach them the ways of the world, to take my son hunting and instill the love of nature in them both. They give my children the most precious gifts…the gift of grandparent’s love.
- My friends near and far. You can’t make it through life without a couple of great friends. They become your support system, your partners in crime. They are there when you need someone, a listening ear, a good laugh, a shoulder to cry on, and a glass of wine. I don’t know where I would be without my friends that are close to me. A true friend loves you for who you are, can finish your sentences, knows what you are thinking before you do, doesn’t judge you, accepts you for who you are, I am very lucky to have so many that do just that. I am thankful each and everyday for the good, genuine people that I surround myself with.
- The life that I have been given. I feel very fortunate to be able to lead the life that I do. My husband is a great provider for his family, giving us the opportunity to do pretty much what we want and have the things that want and all of the things that we need. I am grateful that he and I share the same outlook on life and that is to live everyday to the fullest. You can’t take life for granted and that it will always be here because it can be gone in a blink of an eye. I am thankful for all the love that surrounds me on a daily basis. I am thankful for the life lessons that I learn everyday. I am proud of who I am and the woman I have grown to be. I am a loving, caring, giving, and an honest person and I am thankful for my parents who took the time to instill those great qualities within me.
- I am thankful that I was taught not everything is peachy and perfect, that the world can be an ugly and not so pleasant place sometimes, that people can be cruel and evil, that sometimes it just is what it is, that you don’t have to keep up with jone’s, that you should embrace who you are and be who you are without regrets. I am thankful for always having the truth told to me so not to grow up with blinders and many misconceptions of how life and the world can sometimes be. I am thankful for understanding life is what you make of it, you make your own happiness and you make your own sadness. I am thankful that while growing up that the truth of the world was never hidden from me. I am thankful that I see life and the way things are for what they are as ugly or as great as they can be.
I hope everyone is thankful on this day for everything great you have and that you don’t take this beautiful life you are given for granted. So as you sit surrounded by your family and friends stop and take a moment to look around and take it all in. Take in the love that you have surrounding you and be thankful.
Happy Thanksgiving to you, your family, your friends, your loved ones.
Posted on November 24, 2010, in all things wonderful, Amazing, Beautiful, Events, family, Friends, kids, life, Me and tagged beautiful, Blog, Child, children, events, family, Fathers, Friends, Grandparent, holiday, Holidays, Home, Human, kids, life, me, miscellaneous, Mothers, my life, other, Parent, Stepmom, Thanksgiving, thoughts. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.