It’s 2011..Strap yourself in and Let’s Ride!
Well we didn’t make it downtown for the guitar drop last night. The weather forecast deteriorated more and more throughout the day we decided to stay home and dry. Thank goodness we did because come midnight last night it was pouring buckets and thundering like crazy with a tornado watch, that would have been miserable. Instead B and I stayed home and spent new years together just the two of us. We ordered chinese food, watched B’s new Blind Melon DVD, Live at the Metro, and watched the ball drop from the comfort of our bed. We are soooo exciting! It was super and I couldn’t have asked for a better night, especially when B looks at me and says I am so happy I am spending New Years with my best friend. awwwwe….I know all mushy but it was sweet. He’s awesome.
Looking back at 2010 it was a good year. It had it’s down’s at times but the majority of it rocked. I feel that my husband and I created an even more stronger of a bond than we have ever had, he is truly my best friend. My Dad and Step Mom are officially Tennesseans, and I am thankful everyday that they are down here now. That truly rocks. I started this blog and I am so pleased that I took the plunge again and have stuck with it. Truly therapeutic and relaxing. Plus I have met great people on here and made new friends that I would have never known if it hadn’t been for this blog. Love that. I have learned a lot about myself this past year, some good some bad. I will keep with the good, learn from and change the bad. I watched my kids grow into little people. They are the best kids, they both are so beautiful, smart, funny, caring and just all around good little people. I can’t wait to watch them grow even more this upcoming year. I have great memories from the year and I will hold them close to my heart forever.
So now that it is 2011 what do I do? I, like everyone else, usually make a one or two new year’s resolutions and usually don’t keep them. This year I do have one that I plan on keeping and working on and that is my photography. My new year’s resolution: To focus on my photography, tweak it, learn it, become better. I think that is one that I can keep! Oh and here’s one more now that I am thinking about them: To paint my kitchen, bedroom and two baths. I have lived in this house for 6 years and I still have fruit wall paper on my walls in my kitchen…GRODDY! I hate that fruit and have peeled back the wall paper to motivated myself to paint and I tape it back up. (just a little area that no one sees, so no I don’t have scotch tape all over my kitchen 😉 My kitchen will be a pretty color and not fruit at some point in 2011! My bedroom will be beautiful calming blue before 2011 is over! This I know.
What I wish for in 2011:
- For B and I to take another vacation to Key West. We haven’t been for 2 years and we are due. We are already playing with the idea of going for a late anniversary gift.
- To take a family vacation this summer. We haven’t had a family vacation in 3 years. The kids are due to go to the beach. We are thinking after June and taking them to Beaches or on a cruise.
- For my kids to stay healthy.
- To clear my head of the nonsense bs that has been filling it lately. To let go of all of it and move on.
- Quit worrying about the non important and focus solely on what matters.
- To break the habit of focusing on the negative in certain situations. Everything has a reason for happening, find the positive and smile.
- To quit being so hard on myself. I am quite amazing..Realize it, love it and grow with it.
- To be the best mother, wife, sister and friend I can be.
- To have many more family nights and enjoy every minute I have here with my family.
- To remember who I am and stay true to myself. Not to get caught up in the daily drama hub bub of what life can be if you let it.
- To remember how quickly life can be taken from us, so with that to live everyday to the fullest, have fun, savor each moment and stay calm and centered.
- To rock out often, to always remember to dance, to love, to laugh, and to just be…..
So with all that…
It’s 2011..strap your self in and let’s ride!
Keep Rock’n in 2011!
Posted on January 1, 2011, in life, Me and tagged beautiful, Blog, Child, children, events, family, Friends, holiday, Home, Human, Key West, kids, life, Love, me, miscellaneous, my life, New Year, New Year Resolution, New Year's Eve, other, Parenting, Random Thoughts, Tennessee, thoughts. Bookmark the permalink. 4 Comments.