At 33 I’m old and decrepit.

Yesterday was an eventful/uneventful day.  Does that make any sense?  No, not really but it’s ok because this is my blog and I can not make sense if I don’t want to.  I can clarify the above statement by saying my morning was eventful and then I  made it a point to make the rest of the day as uneventful as I possibly could.  I succeeded.

My morning started off with that damn annoying beeping sound and me portraying a zombie mother like no one’s business..I should get an Emmy.  After getting the kids on the bus I walked in my bedroom and looked at my bed.  I suddenly heard a voice…”Jaaaaaamie…just lay down for a minute, it’s nice and warm and oh so comfy”  Zombie’s obey so I laid down and fell back to sleep for an hour.  After waking up in a fury because I had to leave for the doctor in 30 minutes I was human again…Thank goodness.  I would have had a heck of a diagnosis from the doctor if I went still a zombie.  I finally had an appointment for my knees.  I was a nervous wreck yesterday on the way.  I do not like to go to the doctor when something is really wrong with me.  I usually just go and hang out in the waiting room when I am super healthy.  No in all seriousness, my knees have been bothering me since October and I have been putting it off and putting it off.  Yesterday I went.  I figured she would just check them out and refer me to an Orthopedic doctor.  Nope she checked them out looking puzzled at why one swells and then the other.  We had to go through all my family’s medical history seeing if anyone had any joint problems.  I said no and then in the middle of the examination a lightbulb went off and I said “Oh yeah, My mom would get fluid on her knees all the time”.  That piece of info would probably been best at the beginning of the talk.  Oops..Hey it was -40 degrees in that damn room (the doctor even walked in and said Oh my it is considerably colder in here than the rest of the rooms”).  My thought, guys are just trying to kill me..too bad I’m not a zombie anymore or I would eat you all.  My brain wasn’t thawed all the way after sitting in the -40 degree room for an hour, yes a flipping hour, before the doctor came in.  Sorry if some of the info is a little delayed.  So anyway she said that might be what is going on with mine but she wasn’t for sure.  She wanted to do X-rays and if the x-rays can’t tell her what is going on then blood work would be needed because there is a chance it could be Gout.  WHAT!  Gout??  I looked at her and curled my nose and said “Oh..pause..Ewwww…what is gout, it just sounds dirty, like an STD?”  She giggled almost saying ‘you dumb little girl’.  She explained to me what it was and I was relieved a tad because now it didn’t sound so dirty and clearly wasn’t a knee STD.  But it is something old people get and I’m only 33 damn it…I can’t have gout!  WTF!  She sent me down for x-rays next.  Yippee Ki-yay.  That darn place…I get done with my paperwork and turn it in and the girl says to me “we have a very long x-ray ahead of you and I have no idea how long it is going to be but I will find out.”  Peachy.  I told her I was going outside to make a phone call and I would be back.  I make my call and come back in 5 minutes later to be immediately called back.  Wow..that wait was harsh.  They took 5 x-rays of both knees and now I am playing the waiting game for the doctor to call to tell me either a.) I have fluid on my knees  b.) I have the knees of a 79 year old and I’m old and decrepit at 33 or c.) they have no flipping clue and I will need blood work done.  Aging SUCKS MY BUTT!

I came home and my friend had her car packed and the boys ready to hit the road.  She probably wanted to leave while I was at the doctor but I had her car seats in my car…Oops.  haha!  You can’t leave until I get back!   😉   She finished up and out the door she went.  It was sad.  I walked her out and said my goodbyes to her and the boys and then she rushed me back in the house to end it and most likely so we wouldn’t stand there and cry.  I came in and closed the door behind me after I watched her pull away and my house was quiet…eerie quiet.  Now I know exactly what my dad is saying when he tells me how quiet the house is after the kids leave from being there all weekend.  I walked aimlessly around for a moment and then hit the couch.  It was nap time.  I was exhausted yesterday.  I stayed up way too late every night they were here, I have major sleep to catch up on.  So I napped and it was grand.  My kids got home and we managed to do nothing all evening.  I was ready to go to bed at 6:30 but the kids weren’t having it…go figure.  But somewhere along the line I caught a bit of second wind and ended up staying up till 11.  What the crap!  Plus B is out of town and I hate to go to bed when he isn’t here.  I don’t know why but I stay up way late when he is out of town.  Needless to say I didn’t get anything done around the house yesterday, it looks like a bomb went off in every room.

Today I have a crap ton of stuff to get done.  Laundry (because now my clothes basket is being a whore), clean, more laundry, pay bills, oh and I get to do our taxes.  How fun is that!  To top all that exciting stuff off I have to go to the store.  We are getting another round of snow this afternoon..a whopping 1 inch.  I don’t have to go to stock up, I really am out of milk.  I drank the last cup last night and devastated my children so if I don’t get some today they might murder me in my sleep.  Kids can be evil I tell ya.  I might take the chicken route and hit the gas station for a $6 gallon of milk just to avoid the ‘oh shit we are getting an inch of snow, we must stock up’ shoppers at the grocery store.  Yep, I think that will be the plan.

So now I will pump mass amounts of caffeine into my body to give me crack speed and start my day.  All the while waiting for the phone call from the doctor to see if I am decrepit.


About Jamie

Taking my time through this A-Mazing thing called my life. I'm the owner and photographer at The Adore Girls here in Nashville TN. Life is what you make of it and I am making mine...AMAZING!

Posted on January 20, 2011, in life and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. 6 Comments.

  1. I’M even tired after reading about your day! Girl, sleep for a week! How did you manage to blog about it all on sleep deprivation! Do me a favor: go take some Tylenol PM, spray some lavender or some other sleepy scent, curl up with a fleece blanket, and REST!

  2. Aww dude …. at least gout is treatable and another reason why everyone should pamper you!
    I am like you when my man goes out of town. Taking a shower becomes the highlight of the day. Cause you just don’t want to do anything.

  3. Gout isn’t that bad. I mean, it’s painful, but I think you can usually avoid it by drinking massive amounts of water. A relatively easy fix.

    You’re not old. Just dehydrated.

    I hope you don’t have to wait too long for the results and you feel better soon!

  4. I am soooooo tardy to the party commenting here, ugh. Anyway, I agree, gout is treatable with diet so although annoying, easily managed.

  5. Good news is….It’s fluid on my knee! Dr. is sending me knee exercises to do and if it doesn’t help then she wants to start physical therapy and do an MRI. No gout!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: