I Gots Me Some Style. Seriously, I have an award to prove it!
This morning I was stumped with what to post about. Another post about another snow day? Been done too many times. A post about me being sick again for the umpteenth time this winter? Nah, My letters to Mr. Cold are obviously being ignored and he is finding this humorous and is just one big bully in my eyes now. So what do I post about?
Well I visited my buddy over at EduClaytion this am because I like to
stalk read his blog. I had received the handy dandy stalker alert notification that he had a new post up and I thought “lets see what he has to say this morning, he can get my brain a-work’n”. He had received an award! A Stylish Blogger Award! Congratulations Clay! He is a stylish blogger who is funny, witty and a plethora of information. He is a Professor who teaches history and pop culture and from what I can see is a rock’n teacher that makes it fun. Where were you when I was in college? My history professor was an old hippy who told us “if you are drinking when you study then you need to be drinking when you take my test so you can be in the same frame of mind”. Ok then. I think he was drinking all the time.
Anyway back to the story at hand. When you receive this prestigious award you must list 7 things about yourself and then pick 6 fellow bloggers to pass on the award to. I read his 7 things and realized that I am glad he didn’t sit behind me in school, I don’t want to be in a roller skating limbo contest with him because he would show me up, and if I ever want to scare the bejeezus out of him I need to put someone in his shower with an axe. Then I got to the 6 bloggers he chose for this honor. I was one of them! Holy Cow! I got an award!
I want to thank Mr. EduClaytion for this prestigious honor. I would also like to thank the academy, the blogosphere for accepting me into their world *starting to choke up* *Need to keep my composure, deep breath, all better* I would also like to thank my fellow bloggers for reading my words and not sending me to a psyche ward. I am honored to be chosen for this award and it will be printed out and placed on my mantel for everyone to see and for their noses to be rubbed in it. I got an award and you didn’t..nana nana boo boo. 😉
So I will play, the criteria of accepting the award is to link back to the one who gave it to you. Mr. EduClaytion, he’s fabulous so check him out because I said so! Do it..do it now! Done.
Now to list 7 things about myself…hmm…..
1. I am a sucker for a good beat and I will break it down..anywhere. In the words of Dane Cook “I just wanna dance” See someone doing the jig in the supermarket? It’s probably me.
2. As cool as you all think I am 😉 I’m a huge dork. I like puzzles and video games and can sit for hours on end doing either one.
3. I hide new shoes under my bed. Have I mentioned how much I love shoes especially boots? Therapy is needed.
4. I hate getting the mail and will put it off for days. Bills depress me. They are no fun and there is never a check for a million dollars in there so what’s the point. Crap the luck!
5. I used to think snakes were going to eat me in the middle of the night when I was young. Things that can move without legs are just wrong.
6. I would get up and sleep with my younger sister when I had the nightmares about snakes. Like a 6 year old was going to save me from the 30′ zombie snakes.
7. I’m still a double spacer even after learning the truth. Shhhh…don’t tell anyone, it’s a secret. 😉 Plus it makes me a rebel, an outcast and that’s cool. Don’t mess with me, I’m a double spacer, I’m badass.
I feel so much better now getting all of that off my chest! Confessions done.
Now to pass on this prestigious honor, I will reveal my “Stylish Blogger Award” recipients.
**Drum Roll Please**
1. Marina over at MarinaSleeps. She rocks my world and is a sista from another motha (that doesn’t rhyme as good as with brotha but she isn’t a dude so…). She is hilarious and makes me laugh all the time.
2. Thoughts over at ThoughtsAppear. She is awesome and I have been
stalking reading her blog for awhile now. She is funny in her delivery with just about everything she blogs about. I enjoy her immensely!
3. Miss. Firecracker over at Firecracker3. I love this girl. She is witty, funny, and always has something to talk about! I am convinced she is my cosmic twin..it’s creepy and I love it!
4. Aunt Bethany over at Mircale on 32nd Street. I came across her blog back in December when she started her blog with the main focus being RAC’s, Random Acts of Christmas, where she would do random act of kindness for someone each day until the 1st of the year. Now that is done she has decided thankfully to continue her blog. She cracks me up with her posts. She has a great sense of humor and delivery.
5. Barb over at CafeToday. Barb is great! Her posts are witty, funny and always fun to read! She does a good mix of feel goods and thought provoking posts. Check her out!
6. Vicki over at Jumping in Mud Puddles. Vicki cracks me up! She writes about past stories throughout her life that are always, always funny. I always look forward to what she is going to tell next!
So there you have it my peeps…The recipients of The “Stylish Blogger Awards”. They all have their own style, they all keep it interesting and they all keep you coming back! I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.
So to you my “honorees” congratulations…keep it going..keep it real…keep it funky..and always
Keep it Rock’n!
Posted on February 9, 2011, in life, Me and tagged 7 Things, award, Blog, Blog award, Dane Cook, events, fellow bloggers, Friends, Human, life, me, miscellaneous, my life, other, Random Thoughts, stylish blogger award. Bookmark the permalink. 16 Comments.